A look back at 2016:
- Twenty new families registered with the ACDA. These families are from the USA, UK, Netherlands, Germany, Philippines and Canada.
- Two lung transplants; one in the UK and one in the USA.
- Three confirmed prenatal diagnoses of ACD without a family history.
- One NORD research grant in the amount of $50,000.
- Thirteen rainbow babies born to ACDA registered families.
- Two tattoos of the ACDA logo.
- More than ten journal articles published about ACD.
- Numerous successful fundraisers for ACD research and awareness events.
- One continued goal – To find the cause of and cure for ACD.