The ACDA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, tax-exempt organization as designated by the Internal Revenue Code of the United States. Below are three ways to make a secure tax-deductible donation to the ACDA:
1. Make a secure tax-deductible donation via credit card or Paypal. If you would like to designate your donation in honor of a loved one, please enter their name in the line marked as “In Honor Of & Acknowledgement To.” A tax receipt will promptly be mailed for your records and the ACDA will also send a separate acknowledgement letter to the appropriate ACDA registered family of any honorary contributions.
2. To eliminate any transaction fees payable by the ACDA above, click HERE to make a secure tax-deductible donation via PayPal through PayPal Giving Fund. After you donate you’ll receive a tax receipt for your records by email directly from PayPal Giving Fund. Please note notifications of donations through PayPal Giving Fund are only received by the ACDA on the 25th of each month. However, if you would like the ACDA to send an acknowledgement letter immediately to an ACDA registered family, please send an email to email@example.com letting us know about your donation.
3. Tax-deductible donations can also be mailed to the following address, checks payable to the “Alveolar Capillary Dysplasia Association”:Alveolar Capillary Dysplasia Association
c/o John Rista, Treasurer
12115 Henderson Hill Rd.
Huntersville, NC 28078
4. Families have organized very successful campaigns for the ACDA through Facebook fundraisers. Please see FAQs below with respect to Facebook fundraisers.
Don’t forget about Matching Gifts – If your employer has a Matching Gifts Program for charitable organizations, your contributions to ACDMPV research can grow! Please check with your Human Resources department. The ACDA Tax Identification Number is 46-2915711.
If you live in the UK or elsewhere in Europe, you can also make a donation directly to The David Ashwell Foundation. All funds donated to The David Ashwell Foundation will be designated for ACDMPV research only.
FAQs regarding Facebook donations:
- Does Facebook receive a percentage of my donation? No – Facebook does not charge any processing fees nor do they receive any percentage of your donation to the ACDA. One hundred percent of funds donated through Facebook’s platform are passed on to the ACDA.
- Will the ACDA issue me a tax receipt for my donation through Facebook? No – since the gift is made through Facebook, Facebook automatically generates a tax receipt that you will receive via email to the email address associated with your account.
- Will I be acknowledged for my donation if it’s through Facebook? No – You will still receive a tax-deductible receipt directly from Facebook, but we will not be able to credit the donated funds in honor of a loved one. We receive all donations from all Facebook fundraisers in a monthly lump sum, and all donations will be credited as an anonymous donation via Facebook. We do not receive a list of any donors from Facebook fundraisers. If you would like an acknowledgement for your donation, please donate to the ACDA through the “Donate” link so that we have your donation information.
- How do Matching Gifts work through Facebook? Please donate to the ACDA through the “Donate” link rather than through Facebook if you would like to submit a Matching Gift request as we do not have a list of specific donors from Facebook fundraisers.