The ACDA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, tax-exempt organization as designated by the Internal Revenue Code of the United States. Below are three ways to make a secure tax-deductible donation to the ACDA:
1. Click HERE to make a secure tax-deductible donation via credit card or Paypal. If you would like to designate your donation in honor of a loved one, please enter their name in the box marked as “Add a Note.” A tax receipt will promptly be mailed for your records and the ACDA will also send a separate acknowledgement letter to the appropriate ACDA registered family of any honorary contributions.
2. To eliminate any transaction fees payable by the ACDA above, click HERE to make a secure tax-deductible donation via PayPal through PayPal Giving Fund. After you donate you’ll receive a tax receipt for your records by email directly from PayPal Giving Fund. Please note notifications of donations through PayPal Giving Fund are only received by the ACDA on the 25th of each month. However, if you would like the ACDA to send an acknowledgement letter immediately to an ACDA registered family, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know about your donation.
3. Tax-deductible donations can also be mailed to the following address, checks payable to the “Alveolar Capillary Dysplasia Association”:Alveolar Capillary Dysplasia Association
c/o John Rista, Treasurer
12115 Henderson Hill Rd.
Huntersville, NC 28078
4. Families have organized very successful campaigns for the ACDA through Facebook fundraisers. Please see FAQs below with respect to Facebook fundraisers.
Don’t forget about Matching Gifts – If your employer has a Matching Gifts Program for charitable organizations, your contributions to ACDMPV research can grow! Please check with your Human Resources department. The ACDA Tax Identification Number is 46-2915711.
NOTE: If you prefer to donate directly to the NORD Research Fund instead of through the ACDA, the National Organization of Rare Disorders (NORD) is an entirely separate 501(c)(3) non-profit, tax-exempt organization that has maintained an ACD Research Fund since 2002. This means your contribution to NORD can be earmarked specifically for ACD research. To make a secure tax-deductible contribution to NORD for ACD research, please click HERE to go to the NORD website. Select “Alveolar Capillary Dysplasia (ACD)” in the Research Fund dropdown list and complete the rest of the form. You may designate your donation in honor of a loved one by entering their name in the memorial box and request notification of such memorial contribution to be sent directly to your preferred contact.
As stated in NORD’s Research Grant Policy, NORD requires a research account to reach $35,000 before initiating the grant process to award research money to the medical community. Therefore, the goal of the ACDA and The David Ashwell Foundation is to raise at least $35,000 annually through NORD for research. Please click HERE to learn more about NORD’s grant history with the ACDA and The David Ashwell Foundation and read about previously awarded grants for ACDMPV research.
If you live in the UK or elsewhere in Europe, you can also make a donation directly to The David Ashwell Foundation. All funds donated to The David Ashwell Foundation will be transferred to the NORD Research Fund described in the section above and designated for ACDMPV research only.
FAQs regarding Facebook donations:
- Does Facebook receive a percentage of my donation? No – Facebook does not charge any processing fees nor do they receive any percentage of your donation to the ACDA. One hundred percent of funds donated through Facebook’s platform are passed on to the ACDA.
- Will the ACDA issue me a tax receipt for my donation through Facebook? No – since the gift is made through Facebook, Facebook automatically generates a tax receipt that you will receive via email to the email address associated with your account.
- Will I be acknowledged for my donation if it’s through Facebook? No – You will still receive a tax-deductible receipt directly from Facebook, but we will not be able to credit the donated funds in honor of a loved one. We receive all donations from all Facebook fundraisers in a monthly lump sum, and all donations will be credited as an anonymous donation via Facebook. We do not receive a list of any donors from Facebook fundraisers. If you would like an acknowledgement for your donation, please donate to the ACDA through the “Donate” link so that we have your donation information.
- How do Matching Gifts work through Facebook? Please donate to the ACDA through the “Donate” link rather than through Facebook if you would like to submit a Matching Gift request as we do not have a list of specific donors from Facebook fundraisers.